Black Fire Glass
Magnificent color with fire- Our most popular color for outdoor fire pits and fire bowls
FREE SHIPPING on orders of 20 lbs or more.
Quantity (1) = 1 lb
- Price listed is price per pound
- Qty (1) = 1 lb
- Example: Qty (10) Filler + Qty (10) Black = 20 lbs
- Size: 3/8"-3/4"
- High temperature fire glass
- Will not melt or burn
- Great source of radiant heat
- Ideal for outdoor fire pits and fire bowls
- Popular product for approved indoor fireplaces
Natural Gas Applications:
- Apply up to 2" depth of fire glass (Natural gas only)
- Fire glass does not absorb water and allows natural gas to disperse through the media for a full flame effect
Propane Gas Applications:
- Propane (LP) gas is a heavy gas. Applying too much media over burner holes may create back pressure and gas leakage resulting in gas pooling in fire pit. Do not block propane gas burner holes with fire glass media.
- Refer to manufacturers instructions for approved use of fire glass
- Service and Installation should be performed by qualified professionals
- Filler glass is not recommended for propane applications due to the limited amount of glass applied
- Propane can produce a black soot which discolors fire glass. Consider using dark colored glass
- 1 lb = 1 1/4 cups
- 10 lbs = 3/4 gallon
- 20 lbs fills a 24" round or 21" square fire pit with 1" depth of glass
- Use glass calculator to determine total amount of fire glass needed for your fire feature
- Save $$ by using our less expensive filler glass to fill up to 1" above burner (Natural Gas Only)
- Example: 100 lbs of glass. Purchase 50 lbs of filler glass + 50 lbs of preferred colored beads or glass
Q & A:
Should filler glass be used with Electronic Ignition Burners? Not recommended because fire glass will get mixed when servicing the burner.