Medium Lava Rock
Size: 4" - 7"
Quantity: 12-15 Lava Rocks
Ships in a box: 16" L x 12" W x 8" H
Weight: 28-30 lbs
- Consider using crushed lava rock as a filler material under burner
- Apply larger lava rock above burner
- 32" diameter fire pit will need approximately 60 lbs (Qty 2 boxes) of lava rock
Set-up and Curing of Black Lava Rock
- Refer to manufacturer’s instructions for applying lava rock to fire pit
- On first use, light fire pit and burn on high to cure the lava rock
- “FOR YOUR SAFETY” Once fire pit lit, maintain a safe distance (a minimum of 15 ft) from fire pit
- Operate fire pit at least 30 minutes during the curing process
- After 30 minutes continue curing lava rock until popping or crackling sound stops
- Turn fire pit off and let cool down
- If you apply more lava rock or move pieces of lava rock in fire pit follow above steps again to cure the lava rock.
Important! Wet Lava Rock
- Lava rock which is wet or has moisture inside can pop or burst causing pieces of hot rock to fly out of the fire pit.
- Allow fire pit to burn at least 30 minutes prior to coming within 15 feet of the fire pit if this condition exists
- Consider covering fire pit when not in use to prevent lava rock from getting wet